UC Davis Chile
UC Davis launched the UC Davis Chile Center in 2015 as an International Center of Excellence, with support from CORFO (an agency of the Ministry of Economy). It conducts applied research on issues important to Chile, linking UC Davis faculty and students to counterparts in Chile, including the Center’s excellent scientific staff. The Center identifies and develops new technology in Chile and facilitates the transfer of proven technologies in California to Chilean producers and businesses via its innovative outreach and extension programs. The Center has emphasized research in agriculture and environment, but is expanding to other areas where UC Davis has special expertise relevant to Chile’s needs and opportunities, e.g., energy, natural resources, transportation, and medicine. UC Davis Chile has expert capabilities to support technology transfer, including intellectual property issues.
UC Davis Chile is a private non-profit foundation created by the Office of Regents of the University of California. It is administratively located and managed by Global Affairs, UC Davis. The Center’s Board of Directors includes top administrators and faculty from the Davis campus and from the Chilean universities and government institutions that work directly with the Center.
- Facilitate collaborative research between UC Davis and Chilean researchers in academic and government institutions.
- Effectively transfer productive technologies from California to Chilean industry using UC Davis’ specialized expertise.
- Link UC Davis’ educational programs with Chilean universities and institutions.
Use collaborative research to provide Chilean business and society with technological solutions to advance competitiveness and improve welfare. Extend technological and institutional knowledge through outreach and extension generate economic impact and social development.
To be a leader in applied research and technological solution transfer and extension from California to Latin America.
- Excellence. We work to make the ordinary extraordinary.
- Respect. We value and care for the individual in his or her environment.
- Environmental Awareness. We respect the environment, because we recognize ourselves as part of it and are committed to sustainable development.
- Collaboration. We help and serve others, spontaneously, even in the smallest details.